Re: font display problem in mozilla

rickp@telocity.com said:
> Depending on the size of the font (and maybe the font itself), if the
> last line of text in a mozilla display is only partially visible, then
> scrolling up one line sometimes results in the characters being only
> partially displayed. A page-up followed by a page-down to return to
> the same place corrects it.
>
> Is this an X problem or a mozilla problem?

I've seed this too, and I'm surprised that more people haven't
complained about it. Maybe it only happens for certain setups. Has
anyone else seen this?

It shows up in both mozilla and galeon.  The problem isn't so much a
font display problem as it is a page display problem. After scrolling,
portions of web pages are offset by a pixel or two. It happens for both
images and text, though I find it more noticable with text. Sometimes it
happens after scrolling, but I've been paying attention to this for a
while and sometimes these display offsets happen on a freshly-drawn
page.

The screen captures at http://orr.falooley.org/pub/mozilla_bug/ show
what I'm talking about. These shots are from galeon 1.2.1. The mozilla
"about:" page says:

	Mozilla 1.0 Release Candidate 2
	Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.1 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020421
	Debian/1.2.1-2

I've been hoping that each new release of mozilla would cure this since
I first saw it in 0.9.6 or so.

anyone?

Jason