Foreign Language with OpenOffice?

Forgive my ignorance concerning internatialization . . . .

At my university our Foreign Language department staff/faculty have traditionally used WordPerfect throughout the years, along with foreign language modules from WordPerfect Corp/Novell/Corel for creating German, French, etc documents and for spell-checking and the like.

Now we come to learn that there is no German language module for Corel WordPerfect 2002 (and perhaps not other languages as well).

How easy/hard/practical would it be to introduce Open Office for Windows to them and have that provide the features they need?

(I know this isn't Debian-related specifically, but if I can convert them to OO on Windows, it'll be a shorter trip to OO on Debian later.)

Thanks!

Kent