Re: Q: How to find people with Debian skills [SOLVED] :)

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 08:32:02AM -0500, dman wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:02:23AM +0100, Harvey Kelly wrote:
> | On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:37:49PM -0500, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> | >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> | > I've included it one more time for you (above).  He quite clearly
> | > asked for a suitable forum.  Whether you wish to be oblivious to this
> | > point or not is your own option.  However, the fact remains that he did
> | > ask.
> |
> | Yeah, and I said something like *... but I don't wanna be receiving this
> | kinda post on regular basis, but...*
>
> You said that Andrew didn't request a suitable forum.  (and other
> things are aren't relevant at this point in the thread)
>
> | What I am requesting is:  if someone wants to advertise then request a
> | suitable forum.
>
> The point Jamin is making is that Andrew fully complied with your
> request even before you made it.  Andrews wants to advertise, so he
> DID request a suitable forum.
>
> | Underlining somebody else's words is always tacky by the way - I can read
> | thanks.
>
> It isn't tacky when those words haven't been read (repeatedly).
> Andrew clearly did do exactly what you have said you wanted (request a
> suitable forum), but you have repeatedly claimed that he didn't.

Dear All,

I could be wrong here, but I think we're all on the same page.  Namely,
a debian-jobs facility is a good idea.  My original post was just to let
the fellow know that debian-user was not the place - I've been troubled
shall we say by commercial posts in the past.  Now I don't think my
first post was, and nor was it intended to be, particularly aggressive
or offensive.  But rereading the thread I'm aware that I did indeed
become so, and I evidently got some people's backs up.  So I apologise
for that, and for my use of language which became less then polite.
I think I felt an urge to disagree with everything being sent just for
the hell of it, even though I kinda knew I was in the wrong.

What can I say except an amazingly bad day plus cheap German wine does
tend to me me a little snappy.  I shall refrain from all communication
next time such events occur :)

Seriously, if anyone felt insulted or offended then I sincerely apologise.

Harvey