Re: Can't get ALSA to configure. PLEASE HELP!

I have a side question on this subject.  Would it be advisable for a newbie to just apt-get this and it be configured right from the start? Last time I tried this (3 months ago) nothing happened so I just used the pnpdump command.  This is what I have now but the sound is a little weak.  I've run this computer with alsa before (using libranet) and it rocked.  Any suggestions?

Uzoma