Weird realplayer problem

I have a strange problem with realplayer on my sid box.

I can listen to local files, but I can't listen to streaming real off
the internet.

Caputuring some tcp packets and comparing them to a successful
streaming session on my wife's Win2K box, I see what the error is:
outgoing RSTP packets are truncated to exactly 30 bytes of data.

For example, the first RSTP message from the linux box as it attempts
to negotiate streaming looks like this:

OPTIONS rtsp://bonobo.realimpa

The successful Windows session (oh, the shame!) looks like this:

OPTIONS rtsp://bonobo.realimpact.net:554 R

There are responses to the first several truncated RSTP requests,
which look like truncated versions of the successful responses from
the Windows session.  There isn't an exact number of bytes for the

The last thing that my linux realplayer does is say "Buffering" in the
status bar, but never actually buffers anything.  It just sits there
forever.

Both boxes sit behind a woody box connecting them to the internet with
ip_masqurade; but this must be configured correctly because the
Windows box receives streams successfully.

Does anyone have any clue what might be going on?

| Forrest Cahoon      | forrest@pconline.com |------------------------------|
| 850 21st Ave SE     |----------------------| Only unbalanced people       |
| Mpls MN  55414-2514 |                      |        can tip the scales... |