Re: Oversized ethernet frame - where does it come from?

Hi,

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Frank Brodbeck wrote:

> I have a similar problem, but not with sendmail. Sometimes the message
> just 'pops up' on my console. I think it's a hardware problem because
> only

Frank try to pass the kernel parameter noapic by booting...

http://www.tux.org/hypermail/linux-tulip/1999-Aug/0080.html

well i do have a via-rhine card in it...
i did it, and it seems to be ok.... up to now. 32min uptime :)

> one my three network interfaces produces this errors. I simply made a
> bash script which checks via fping if the iface is up and working
> correct,
> if not it executes simpy a ifdown eth0 ; ifup eth0.

yeah, i also did something like that, but that is a _strongly_ temporary
solution...

charlie

--
Vegh Karoly