Re: Maildir use with Mutt

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 09:29:32AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach dman <dman@dman.ddts.net> [2002.05.24.2359 +0200]:
| > They're usable, it's just an mbox folder instead of maildir.  Mutt can
| > read it just as well.
|
| no. it's single messages delivered to the directory MH style
| i believe. fact is, they are one-message-per-file and so you need my
| for loop, not formail.

Oh, I think I see.  If the "folder" doesn't exist, and the path
doesn't have a trailing slash, then procmail creates a new mbox
folder.  However, I think but haven't tested, if the "folder" is an
existing directory and the path lacks the trailing slash you'll have
an MH folder.  In that case just use 'mv' to stick all the message
files in the 'new/' directory in the folder's directory.  (mutt can
also read MH folders, but maybe not if the folder also looks like
maildir)

HTH,
-D

--