Re: rpm: can it comply debian policy?

Paul Johnson wrote:

>> I would like to know if it is possible at all to create an rpm
>> package that complies the debian policy.

> Why would you want to do this?

Not me, and that's why the question is about the possibility of
creating an rpm package that complies the debian policy.

Well, there are many custom packages which are developed with rpm.
Suppose all files will go into /usr/local -- most of them will be
shell or perl scripts: what would be the possibility of an rpm
package (using alien) will screw a debian system?