Re: address book in mutt

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 02:03:46AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> What programs are available to get an address book going for mutt?  I'm
> trying to bust away from pine right now, but one thing that's holding me
> back is the lack of address book.
>
> A walkthrough on how to set this up (or at least decent documentation on
> the same) would be greatly appreciated.

Use an alias file. This is the section of my .muttrc

# alias file setup
set alias_file=~/.mutt_aliases
source ~/.mutt_aliases

Then in the .mutt_aliases file, use:

alias name	email@address.com

Each on it's own line. When you send a new message, you can use the
"name" from above in the "To:" line. If you want to scroll through
your aliases, hit Tab when mutt asks for To: