Re: Uninstalling programs

Am Donnerstag, 23. Mai 2002 00:44 schrieb curtis:
> I'm sorry for this stupid question, but how do you unmake or uninstall a
> program that wasn't install through apt-get or dselect?

Hi,

I only know two tools for your problem

alien - Install LSB, Red Hat, Stampede, and Slackware Packages with dpkg
checkinstall - CheckInstall installations tracker

I don't know if there might be a problem to delete the programfolder of the
installed program under /usr/local. Maybe you can find the answer in the
makefile of the program.

gerhard