Re: Norton Ghost

Am Mittwoch, 22. Mai 2002 15:58 schrieb Matthew Daubenspeck:

> > I've done disk-image to disk. I suspect that if you'll boot off your
> > Debian CD with something like
> >    linux root=/dev/hda1
> > and then re-run lilo, this might fix the problem.
>
> I tried this and it still runs the install on the CD. How can I get
> around the install? I apologize in advance for the newvie questions :)

Hi,

just type 'rescue' when

boot:

appears.

Or switch to a console with alt + F1 or crtl + alt + F1, you might have to
use F2 or 4 (something similar) instead of F1.

Than you can try to mount your rootpartition on /mnt and type chroot /mnt and
than lilo.

Probably there is an option to boot directly from the lilo-prompt your
root-partition like Ken wrote.

gerhard