Re: New Debian user - a bunch of problems

2). The mouse is going nuts. When I move it around it does all kinds of weird things, including acting like I've pressed one of the 3 buttons when I haven't, or sen't kill commands to fvwm, etc. I have a Logitech M-C48 wheel mouse. If any of you have the console and X settings for it, I'd appreciate it.

I had a similar problem. Do you have gpm running? ( I assume you know Ctrl-Alt-Fi takes you to the ith console to get a shell when X isn't working. X is F7.) Kill gpm if it is running and hopefully your mouse will start working.
Brian