Re: apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Wouldn't it make sense to change the installation process to use woody
instead of testing ?

The last installation CDs I tested selected apt servers with testing and
not woody as distribution.

Regards

Jens

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 14:43, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Shawn Lamson wrote:
> > deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
> > deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ potato/updates main contrib non-free
> >
> > I havent seen any updates for weeks - is this a sign of woody going
> > stable and not getting updates anymore, or is it a problem with me?  By
> > the way - replace "woody" with "testing" and the same thing happens -
> > no updated packages in weeks.
>
> Sure, teesting/woodz is frozen zet. No new packages are added, only
> security and RC-bugs are fixed...
>
> The apt behaviour is right.
>
> BTW: It is better to write woody there, then you will stay at woody
> and not fall into the next testing if woody is released as stable
> which is a matter of days...
>
> Regards,
>
> Rene
>

> --
Jens Ellegiers
Systems Analyst
IT Systems VTC Cologne
Visteon Deutschland GmbH
Mailsymbol: D-V/IT                                          /"\
Weinsbergstr. 195, 50825 Koeln                              \ /
Phone: +49-221-5406-708  [ internal 87048-708; Fax -336 ]    X
ASCII Ribbon campaign against HTML E-mail & Usenet News >-> / \