Is woody Broken?

FOr two weeks now, I have been trying to do a net install of woody on 2 different servers.  I have even used different apt servers with the same result.  I started by just doing a base install, selecting nothing at tasksel.  The install errors at libopenldap-runtime.  When I goto dselect to remove it, it also wants to remove bsdutils, perl, exim, cron, net,..etc.  This has been the same result 8 times, after formating and starting over.  What's going on?  I thought Woody was frozen.

Wayne