Re: SUGGESTION for Debian FAQ

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> Please do not cross-post to so many lists with general comments.
> Following up to debian-user.

The issue was, that it is not so obvious to find the Debian FAQ.
Neither it is obvious that the FAQ is most likely available on
the local disk (when installing the debian-doc package). A new
user may search the /usr/doc directory, and end up reading
the Linux FAQ instead of the Debian FAQ (/usr/doc/FAQ/).

Thus, I have sent the suggestion to all related parties who
could increase that FAQ visibility. May I know how to notify
them all otherwise? I believe that there should be sufficient
hints for finding the FAQ and HOWTO documents: during installing
the first time (boot), in /etc/motd, and related the window
environments help buttons.

regards,

--
Rahmat M.  Samik-Ibrahim -- vLSM.org -- http://rms46.vLSM.org --