Re: font troubles in sid

Well, the "fonts-as-boxes" problem is well documented in the X FAQ, but
basically it boils down to GTK fonts incompletely specifying the font they
want, and then not being able to deal properly with what the X server gives
them in answer to their request.

Notice that every problem application described here is a GTK one. :)

A better answer is to change your GTK theme to use some other font, or more
completely specify the one you DO want.

As for "accelerated fonts"... what in the world are those?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 11:11:14PM +0200, shamad wrote:
> James,
> I had fonts which actually were looking like bar codes... I got the
> following advice and it worked:
> Add in the section Device of the /etc/X11/XF86Config file, the following:
> Option
> "NoAccel" It seems to be related to the xserver not properly managing the
> accelerated fonts
> You may want to give it a try
>
> Serge

Marc Wilson