Re: Sendmail: How to get at the envelope in Procmail?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:58:48PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a setup whereby I've got an entire subdomain being directed at
> one mailbox (using a virtusertable). I'd like the procmail recipe in that
> mailbox to be able to access the intended recipient, which may not
> necessarily be what's in the "To:" header.

I'm not sure I understand the setup, so I may be way off here.

The best solution is to have your IPS (or who ever fills that mailbox)
add a Delivered-To header with the envelop To header.

The next best solution is to fetch those messages from that mailbox
with fetchmail in multidrop mode.  Fetchmail will do what it can to
derive the envelop-to addressee from Received headers and such.

--
groetjes, carel