Re: TCP: Treason uncloaked! . Anyone know this message?

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 03:09 pm, César Augusto Seronni Filho wrote:
> I receive this message sometime in my dmesg:
> TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 200.193.246.5:35295/110 shrinks window
> 2694420037:2694420573. Repaired.
>
> Anyone know what this means?
>
> tks

200.193.246.5:35295 has shruck the sliding window value; window shrinking
requires both sides to be ready for this possibility; the Host Requirements
RFC strongly discourages shrinking but advises that it must be able to cope
with a peer that does this; ref. TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol 1 & 2, W. R. Stevens

You may be suffering from Silly Window Syndrome; the second set of numbers
seem to be time stamps showing the duration over which the syndrome is
corrected; this could be the TCP persist timer

Is it regular? Is there anything that percipitates the condition?

Mike