Re[2]: sendmail?

Thursday, April 04, 2002, 10:06:34 AM, Craig Dickson wrote:

> If you want the machine to be able to send mail to another server for
> delivery to you, then ssmtp is probably the best bet. It only accepts
> mail locally, and I don't think it even listens to a socket; I think

I don't want, or need, the mail to ever leave the Linux box. I expect to
be able to log in directly to read the mail.

> In that case, I'd suggest postfix, configuring it to only accept
> connections from localhost (and reinforcing that with firewall rules).

Then that sounds like the one I should look into! Thanks.

How best would I set up IPTables to only accept connections from
localhost for postfix?

--
  - Alan Poulton (apoulton@telus.net) -
Those who make the rules don't play the game!