Re: How can I find out what package contains the Gnome dictionaty aplet?

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:36:35AM +1200, Adam Warner wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 23:52, stan wrote:
> > Somewhere along the line, one of my dslect upgrades must have removed the
> > Gnome dictionary aplet, but I cna't seem to find it in the dselect list.
> >
> > Is there a tool that I can use to search the avaialble packages & see
> > what package conyains this?
>
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents
>
> It's gdict by the way.
>
> $ apt-cache search dict | less
> $ apt-cache show gdict
>
> I tried:
> apt-cache search dict | grep -i 'gnome'
>
> But that failed because it is listed as a GTK application:
>
> $ apt-cache search dict | grep -i 'gtk'
> gdict - small GTK app to retrieve definitions from MIT's dictionary
> server
> gidic - A simple GTK Dictionary
> pydict - an English/Chinese Dictionary written with python/gtk
> wordinspect - GTK-based Dictionary Client

Thanks, Now I know how to do that.

Next question, if I might.

gdict _is_ installed, but I can't seem to find the dictionary look up
applet in the Gnome menus anywhere. Is tehre a way to add a given aplet
without having to search through all those menus? Or can anyone point me to
the correct place in the maze of menus?

Thanks.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin