Re: xawtv and fullscreen

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 07:07:38AM -0500, stan wrote:

> Soes this thread imply that xawtv, in full screen mode, is able to automagicly swtich X
> resolutinos such that it does give "full screen", instead of just centering the TV image
> on the display with a black border around it?

Yes it can.
The top of my .xawtv file looks like this:

[global]
fullscreen = 800 x 600

That will cause it to try to change modes when going fullscreen. Xawtv uses
DGA to do this so you need the DGA module loaded in X.

> If so could someone please point me to the diocs on how to do this for
> NTSC?

this might help:
http://bytesex.org/xawtv/xfree4.html

> I've presently got 3 TV capable comouters:
>
> 1. Progeny machine with Radeon ? Graphics card & WinTV card.
> 2. Woody machine with Radeon ? Graphics card & WinTV card.
> 3. Woody machine with ATI AllInWonder Radeon & Gatos driveers.
>
> Only machine 4 dosse this, and it's also the only one runing in xv mode.
> While I like the true full screen provided by this, i cna't use the frame
> graver in xv mode, which is very important to me.

4 ? but you only have 3 ?

The other was xawtv can do fullscreen is to use xvideo scaling without changing
the screen mode. Thats probably whats going on there.

Alan