Re: kernel panic: vfs: unable to mount root fs install errror 01:00

Thus spake Philip Blundell:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 05:56:37PM -0800, justin cunningham wrote:
> > I'm trying to get a server built with 2.2r4 potato cd and keep getting
> > the above error.  I tried the boot options in f2-f8 and tried mounting
> > various root.bins from specifying floppy0 at boot: then got kernel
> > panic: no init found try passing init= option to kernel.  I looked up
> > the errors on the deb user list and found similar questions but no
> > answers.
>
> Have you tried booting from one of the other CDs?  Each one has a different
> kernel, and they don't all work properly for all users.
>
> You might also like to try the woody installer instead.  Nobody is doing
> active development on the potato disks any more.
01:00 is not an ide drive - it should 03:01 or something.  I tsounds
like you're trying to using an initrd image without having an /initrd.
Try a boot kernel that doesn't use initrd.
HTH,
Steve
--
George Washington was first in war, first in peace -- and the first to
have his birthday juggled to make a long weekend.