evolution / uw-imapd-ssl woes

I'm trying to get the hang of Evolution while at the same time moving my
home mail setup over to maildirs (from mh directories). It's always a
good idea to cause the maximum amount of chaos at once, you know,
because you never know if you've screwed up or are just going insane.

Anyway, after a ton of experimentation, I have my whole mail hierarchy
stored under ~/Mail in maildir format. On the mail server, mutt can read
everything just great, and with a little bit of Perl (and safecat)
tomfoolery I was even able to get Mailagent to store to maildirs, thus
saving myself a whole lot of time and pain in converting my mail rules
over to procmail. I'm pretty pleased with the way that's all working.

The only real problem at this point is getting Evolution and imapd-ssl
to talk to each other. I have SSL enabled between Evolution and the IMAP
server. After a lot of head-bonking, I figured out that setting the
namespace to "Mail" would allow me to subscribe from the various mail
folders I have stored under ~/Mail without all the other detritus under
my home directory. I can even get a listing of subject lines in the
subscribed folders. However, when I click on a message, I get the error
text, "Error while 'Retrieving message 1638': Could not find message
body in FETCH response." Sometimes I'll get a message that says "BAD
Bogus sequence in UID FETCH" instead.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Forrest

--
       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     ogd@aoaioxxysz.net     desperate, deathless