Re: 2 Problems Quake3 and Bind9

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:42:43PM -0600, Jason Jorgensen wrote:
> Now, the more important question!
> Quake3. I recently upgraded my Debian unstable workstation and now all
> of a sudden my Quake3 for linux wont respond to my mouse movements. The
> mouse buttons register fine inside the game, but I can not move or turn
> with the mouse. I just got a logitech MX300 and I want to Quake from my
> favorite OS! dang it!
>
> X 4.2.1
> KDE 3.0.5
> nvidia 4191 (or something)
>
> Is there a device quake3 uses that maybe devfs screwed up? (blindly
> groping for some clues)
>
> Also after the same upgrade mplayer now crashes during playback, and
> konsole crashes during load. But the strange thing about that is that
> KDE starts a konsole session when it starts up, as I eneded a session
> with one open. But I cannot launch another.
>
> I know that I am running Debian unstable and should expect things like
> this, but this is weird!

I think X is fucked. I'm getting the same thing. Futhermore, after
about 6 h of uptime, my screen starts to reset in a freaking panic.
I can't do anything. Not even switching to console and restartig
X helps. I have to reboot.

- Adam

PS. Quake 3 demo still works... The patch release does not...
I think it is X that screws up just because of the other problem.