Re: [OT] Fried motherboard

probably. I've never had a power supply die on me. maybe I'm lucky.
I've even plugged a power supply that was set to 110V into a 220V
circut, tripped a breaker,  but the power supply itself was fine(haven't
tried going the other way around).

I've done that (220V setting on a supply, plugged into a 110V outlet). Just acted like a dead supply.

Had the darn thing swapped out of the PC and a new one in place before I thought to look at the switch on the back.

I believe the supply was alright.

Hard to believe you didn't fry more in your case... the transformer should have dumped 2X the normal voltage into the regulator/switching portion of the supply, which can be very bad.

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.
2125 1st Ave East