Re: undo a dselect?

Hallo  Holger,

Am 17:19 2002-12-03 +0100 hat Holger Wiechert geschrieben:

>In order to get *one* package from the unstable branch,
>I added the unstable entry to the sources.list and run
>dselect. For some reason, not only the *one* required
>package from the unstable branch has been selected, but
>a whole lot of other stuff to be updated (like samba,
>xserver and the like).
>However, I guess, that's not what I want (believe me,
>I had enough to do for getting my video card running
>after upgrading some packages from the unstable branch).
>
>So I stopped dselect while downloading via Ctrl-C,
>and quit dselect.
>
>I've got two questions:
>1) how can I get dselect to ignore the settings I (somehow)
>selected during the last dselect session, and

Not more possibel...

>2) how do I get dselect only using certain things from
>the unstable branch, but others not?

If you START dselect, the first thing to be sure it does
not install preselected stuff is

Type '<SHIFT> + R'... Read the helppage with <F1> !!!

Then select the desired Package(s) and hit <ENTER>.
Maybe you need some depencies...

>Thanks in advance,
>Holger

Gern geschehen