Re: SB Live

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 03:06:57PM -0500, Bruce Park wrote:
> Hmm, which kernel are you using? I am using 2.4.18.bf24. It was only
> loaded because I chose to install it when I first installed the
> system.

The boot floppy kernels are missing a bunch of stuff since they're not
intended for normal use.  I was under the impression that you were
expected to install a 'real' Debian kernel or else build your own after
you installed.  Has this changed/am I completely wrong?

> In anycase, I don't think the creative website will have this module.

Interestingly, Creatvie actually used to pay a guy to work on their
emu10k1 drivers and put his GPL'd work up on opensource.creative.com.
They never did release documentation for the chips themselves though.
Development continues in-tree now and on sf.net.

> Your best bet is search google and find it at a linux site.

It's in any real kernel.

-rob