locales depends on glibc

Hi

I have 2 computers with woody installed

When I run dselect/install I get the following
First computer has locales ver. 2.2.5-11.2 (no problem)
Second computer has also locales-2.2.5-11.2 which has dependency problems with glibc-2.2.5-11.2 apparently not found on this computer (and of course not found on the first computer either)

I tried to install sane-1.0.9*.deb packages. Probably this gave rise to the problem with the second computer. What can I do to solve the problem, because this problem prevent me from installing new/other packages. dselect/update followed by dselect/install is no problem.
dpkg --clear-avail didn't do the job I expected.

Greetings Lourens