Re: Unknown HZ value! (0) Assume 100.

> I don't know. But the HZ value is set in /etc/login.defs, in my case
> like this:
>
> ENV_HZ          HZ=100
>

> Also, quoted from 'man login.defs':
>
>  ENV_HZ (string)
>               This parameter specifies a value for an HZ environ�
>               ment parameter.  Example usage is:
>
>                    ENV_HZ     HZ=50
>
>               If this parameter is not defined then no  HZ  value
>               will be established.
>

> Cheers!
> Shyamal

in this case, I guess the kernel found HZ=100 is defined in the config file
but actually the HZ value in the system was 0. Hence it complained.

It seems to be a harmless message, but very annoying. Is there any reason why
the kernel maintainers keep to print the message since it is not really
harmful? Why not send to syslog or somewhere else?

--
Patrick Hsieh<pahud@ezplay.tv>
GnuPG Pubilc Key at http://www.ezplay.tv/~pahud/pahudatezplay.pubkey