Re: gpg key signing protocol question

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 06:32:01PM +1100, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:22:40PM -0500, martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach Robert L. Harris <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> [2002.11.07.1327 -0500]:
> > >   If I don't though, gpg won't go look it up.  Is this normal?  Anyone
> > > know the fix for this?  I've poked around and prodded the options in
> > > my muttrc and no-luck.  It's not just Martin, anyone who's ID I don't
> > > have on my ring already.
> >
> > try:
> >
> >   echo auto-key-retrieve >> ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
>
> I think that's changed to 'keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve' with GPG
> 1.2.
>
> -rob

I had to modify the following 2 sections in ~/.gnupg/options
I just had to uncomment them, they were already there just commented
out. (except the first section, I believe I had to type in the keyserver
I use)

First Section:

# Most users just set the name and type of their preferred keyserver.
# Most servers do synchronize with each other and DNS round-robin may
# give you a quasi-random server each time.

keyserver x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
#keyserver mailto:pgp-public-keys@keys.nl.pgp.net
#keyserver ldap://keyserver.pgp.com

Second Section:

# Options for keyserver functions
#
# include-disabled = when searching, include keys marked as "disabled"
#                    on the keyserver (not all keyservers support this).
#
# include-revoked = when searching, include keys marked as "revoked"
#                   on the keyserver.
#
# verbose = show more information as the keys are fetched.
#           Can be used more than once to increase the amount
#           of information shown.
#
# use-temp-files = use temporary files instead of a pipe to talk to the
#                  keyserver.  Some platforms (Win32 for one) always
#                  have this on.
#
# keep-temp-files = do not delete temporary files after using them
#                   (really only useful for debugging)
#
# honor-http-proxy = if the keyserver uses http, honor the http_proxy
#                    environment variable
#
# auto-key-retrieve = automatically fetch keys as needed from the
#                     keyserver when verifying signatures or when importing
#                     keys that have been revoked by a revocation key that
#                     is not present on the keyring.

keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve include-disabled include-revoked

--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm
Dragon Impersonating a Human and failing.