RE: XFree86 Problems [continues Woody Installation Problems II]

> I replaced that with the xserver-svga driver.  Yes it is 3.3.6 not 4.x,
> but with this driver, I find the video to be quite satisfactory
> (although I haven't tried anything really demanding.) This version of
> the older driver works with the other components of X 4.x.

My fscking laptop is driving me crazy. One problem hunts the other. I
resolved the xfree86 problem (by using vesa as driver instead of sis) and
now x starts correctly and I get to the grapical login manager. I try to
login, and the kde startscreen shows up. Then the keyboard symbol is
embossed, it switches back to the konsole for a second, then back to the kde
startscreen again, and then I'm at the graphical loginmanager again. ??? wtf
???.

> Bob

Thanks,
Daniel