Debian 3.0r0 installation Problems

Hi List,

I'm trying to install debian on an IPC laptop (you probably won't know IPC,
as it's a small Austrian company assembling lapdogs) after I finally
downloaded the first 4 iso images (woody 3.0r0). However unfortunatly, I
don't seem to get very far. I boot from the first cd and choose to boot
bf24. It says "loading bf24.bin....", then 2 thirds of the screen become
gray with a dotted line about in the middle. Then everything that was gray
turns blue and that was it. Nothing more is happening.

Is this a common problem? I don't really know what to do. I also tried to
boot the 2.2 kernel, but I get exactly the same result. Does anyone have any
ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Daniel