NFS Mounted Home Directories Machine Keeps Locking Up

Hi
	I have set up NFS mounted home directories on my machines. On my server
machine I am using the kernel NFS server, and am running Debian woody.
The nfs exports file looks like:

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be
exported
#               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
/home   *.localdomain(rw,no_root_squash)

On the client I am running Debian testing. The fstab file looks like:

#
<dump>  <pass>
/dev/hda1       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro
0       1
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw                      0
0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults
0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    defaults,user,noauto
0       0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto
0       0
server1.localdomain:/home  /home   nfs     rw,hard,intr    0       0

What happens quite often is that the application that i am using e.g X
or bash lock up. The only way to fix the problem is to kill the
applications or to restart the machine. If I restart the machine on
restart i get the following sort of messages:

nfs: task 419 can't get a request slot

Please could somebody explain why this is happening? Is there any way of
fixing it?

Thank you

Charlie