Re: Samba problems.

AMANDA uses smbclient. In my experience with smbclient and AMANDA, it has never behaved in the manner that you describe smbmount and smbtar. Try using smbclient.

Mike Dresser wrote:

Any work arounds for the problems with smbmount and smbtar both missing
files when you backup?

//dumbo/cds           25213952   7384064  17829888  30% /cdrom

twiki:/cdrom# ls -alR | wc -l
 70099
twiki:/cdrom# ls -alR | wc -l
 70094
twiki:/cdrom# ls -alR | wc -l
 70098
twiki:/cdrom# ls -alR | wc -l
 70014
twiki:/cdrom# ls -alR | wc -l
 70099

Everytime I do this, I get different # of files.

As well, when I smbtar, i get differnt # of files as well.

I'm trying to mirror over about 8 gig from the NT 4.0 machine over to a
Woody machine, but right now I can't because I can't trust the backup to
have gotten all the files.

I reported this about 3 years ago, and was told to go away because
smbmount isn't supported.  I assume smbclient is the same.