Re: Getting autofs to work "the Debian Way (TM)"

hi ya nate

you probably need to add more options into your autofs config
file for the floppy

assuming you have
	vi auto.master
	#
	.. stuff..
	#
	# mount the floppy
	/.autofs	/etc/auto.fd  --timeout=60
	#
	#

	vi auto.fd
	#
	# allow users to mount read/write the fd
	#
	floppy	 -fstype=auto,sync,nodev,nosuid,umask=0  :/dev/fd0
		( add "gid=users"  if you want "users" group to write it
		( or "umask=007"

ls -la /.autofs/floppy
touch /.autofs/floppy
- make a line from /mnt/fd instead of /mnt/floppy or something
	( ln -s /.autofs/floppy /mnt/fd )

c ya
alvin