Re: AltGr key not working anywhere in X

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:50:08PM +0300, Ville V Sinkko wrote:
> I just set up Debian for the first time to replace the erratically-behaving
> MDK8.1 I had. Most other thing are fine, but I can't get AltGr to work in
> X programs. Since I use a Finnish keymap, I can't produce stuff like square
> brackets, which makes it practically impossible to, say, code C.

I have a Belgian keyboard, which uses the AltGr key in the same way,
and I have the following in my /etc/XF86Config-4.  I think you just have
to change "be" to "fi".

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"

	# The model should be "pc102" if you don't have those Windows
	# keys.
	Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "be"
EndSection