Re: pdf attachments in mutt unreadable by windows

I have also been able to send pdf files to my son on a Mac system.  The
file name is not long: "rowe-5.pdf"

Do you have any suggestions as to what I could tell these folks about their
mime problem or server?  Something is definitely changing in the file (it
was much longer when it was sent back to me), and I would really like to
be able to tell them that this is due to a specific defect in their
software (even though that doesn't solve the problem).

Thanks,

Ric