Re: Intel PRO100

> I am new to Linux. I am trying to get Intel? PRO/100 VE adapter
> working on my newly installed box running Debian (woody) with kernel

Since no one explicitly said it, you have a fine network card.  It
uses the eepro100 driver.  I have used them for years at work.  Pricey
though but okay if someone else is paying.  :-)

I installed the driver at debian install time and it just worked.  At
the point in the b-f install where it asks you to configure kernel
device drivers you need to specifically scroll down to some/thing/net
and select that subpage.  In that subpage scroll down to eepro100 and
select it.  Then exit out of the driver selection page and it will
automatically walk you through the network setup.  DHCP yes or no, if
no then static IPs for DNS, etc.

But frankly I don't know how you would install this later such as
after a system is up and running.  I have eepro100 in my /etc/modules
file so I suppose that you would need to put that there and modprobe
it as suggested by others.  Then probably there is a 'dpkg-reconfigure
something' which will walk you through that.  I don't know.  Can
someone suggest the helper utility that walks the user through that?

Bob