Re: VIM Auto Indent

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 16:18, John W. M. Stevens wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:58:48AM -0400, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
>
> > This is helpful at times, but when I try inserting large sections
> > of code, it really botches the hell out of it.
>
> Why?  What happens?

The problem is that if you copy some indented code from somewhere and
insert it, vim inserts the first line correctly with the indentation
from the original, performs a linebreak, indents by itself according to
the previous line and then inserts the next line with the original
indentation. Now recursion sets in. Basically, the indentation grows
with each and every line that's inserted.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!