Re: Root login in graphical enviroment

* Crispin Wellington (crispin@aeonline.net) [020731 08:26]:
> Tell me. sshd version OpenSSH_3.4p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-1.
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config contains PermitRootLogin yes.
>
> Can this sshd be compromised, or not?

That's sort of a loaded question. Everything *can* be compromised,
somehow. Is this a risky thing to have on a public-facing box? Again,
the answer is "it depends on your security needs", but for most of my
boxes, the answer is "no, this is not excessively risky."

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/