Re: OT: Is make still in ??

* Andrew Fowler (andy@swissroll.net) [020723 00:40]:
> Hi !
>
> Just getting back in to C++ coding after the last few years on java.
> Want to know if make is still the made build tool for C/C++/open source
> efforts or has something else come along since ?? (I always hated make -
> those of you who know ant, be glad !)

Yep, make is still "in". Last I used ant it didn't support incremental
builds, so compile times were much longer if you only changed one file
in a project with multiple source files. This may have changed since I
last used it long ago. Makefiles aren't all that bad. If they're really
troubling you, check out the info pages or the O'Reilly book.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/