Re: Questions about using the Postfix-ldap package on Woody

>     I have a very stupid question I want to ask. I want to use postfix
> with LDAP map support, I have installed the latest postfix and postfix-ldap
> packages but I found that I do not know how to use them.

alias_maps = ldap:ldaptable
ldaptable_server_host = ldap.example.com
ldaptable_search_base = dc=example,dc=com
ldaptable_query_filter = (uid=%s)
ldaptable_result_attribute = mail

> A postconf -m
> shows that there's no ldap support in postfix yet (only the following)

Very interesting. postconf has the same output on my setup, but I assure
you that I do use ldap tables. I guess this has to do with how the
postfix-ldap package adds ldap support to postfix without it having to be
in the base postfix package; this has always been rather mysterious to me.