Re: Matshita CR-563 driver (sbpcd?)

Mark,

I had the EXACT same problem.  It turned out that I
had a data-corruption in the .iso files I downloaded
via http from debian.uchicago.edu.  I checked the md5
checksums, and they didn't match.  I downloaded the
.iso files again, and this time the checksums matched.

If you need an md5sum for windoze let me know . . .

Actually, since my cd-burner at home hates to burn
more than 60mb to a disk, and I didn't want to go to
the office, what I did the 2nd time through was put
the .iso file on the debian install and "mount" it
through the loopback interface (Thanks Jamin).  It was
quite kewl, actually . . .

mount -o loop /path/to/binary-i386-1.iso /mountpoint

and then ls -l /mountpoint displayed the contents of
the .iso file as if it were a mounted iso9660
filesystem . . .

Then I ran apt-setup and pointed it to a filesystem on
/mountpoint, and it found all the paackages.  This let
me to the base install that got me gcc so I could
compile Roaring Penguin's pppoe, which got me on the
net.  Then I did apt-setup again, removing the local
filesystems, and adding in the http sources, and
voila, was able to download and install console-apt
and memstat . . .

YMMV

Good Luck

madmac