Re: Mutt questions

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 10:23:25AM -0700, Larry Smith wrote:
| I have mutt and fetchmail set up, and "mostly"
| working.
|
| With mutt, I can get the mail from my internet
| provider email account.  I can email to my provider
| email account.
|
| But I cannot seem to mail to anything else on the
| internet, like my yahoo email.
|
| What must I set  in my .muttrc to be able to send
| mail, thru my provider, to other addresses on the
| internet?

It's not mutt that is misconfigured, but rather your MTA.  If you
chose the debian default, then you have exim.  (exim is my favorite,
and I understand it fairly well)  Here's an example set of
instructions for configuring exim on debian for dial-up users in your
situaiton :

    http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user%40lists.debian.org/msg82754.html

If you still have questions/problems, come back to the list and we'll
clarify things for you.

HTH,
-D

--

If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/