Re: Dell Poweredge 1650 and the aacraid

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 05:07:49PM +1000, John wrote:
> I've had a Poweredge 1650 dropped on my desk with 'install our software'
> on it. It has Redhat installed on it already I'm told.
>
> Now we only support our stuff on Debian, and I havent a clue about Redhat.
>
> I've aliened the afacli utility for the PERC3/Di RAID controller, and
> found the magic numbers for the kernel boot prompt. Will I need any
> magic for the Intel Gigabit NIC(s)?
>
> Has anyone got this hardware to play nice with Woody?

I have only experience with de PE 2550, which is the older type. It runs
great even with potato, with help from:
	http://www.domsch.com/linux/

According to this site, the (redhat) kernel 2.4.18 should
include the PE1650 RAID controller, so I guess the debian kernel
found on the bf-2.4 floppies (kernel 2.4.18) should be ok too.

Kind regards,
Theo