Re: Digital Cameras

On 10/07/02 Rob Ransbottom did speaketh:

> I like the Nikon Coolpix 2500 because of the swivel
> lens.  The Nikon uses Compactflash.  I don't know
> about getting the pictures out of the camera or
> cf card into Linux.

    I just bought my wife a Canon digital camera that uses compactflash. We
haven't tried using it with her Linux box yet as we must rebuild the kernel
with USB support, but I'm pretty sure that if we can't talk to it directly
with gphoto, we should be able to buy a compactflash reader that should mount
as a USB mass storage device.

    I'll let you know.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix