Re: OT: How to find a modem that works with Linux...

ben wrote:

On Sunday 16 June 2002 08:02 pm, Steve Brown wrote:

Save yourself a lot of trouble, just pick up a USR V92 faxmodem or
equivalent making sure it's -external-. Besides absolutely ensuring
compatability, you can use it for a backup dialup connection on the WAN
side of a broadband router if/when you get cable or DSL access to the 'net.

Good luck,
Steve