RE: Unable to make Linux bootable from HD or make boot floppy

Hello..

The near.jpg shows that the CD-ROM's ribbon IS attached to the sound
card (it can be seen that the Packard Bell card is a sound one in the
far.jpg photo).

Swap is the one that should be 2x the RAM, while the ext2 filesystem is
the main place where you place your files and such.  As long as I know,
the ext2 is the one that should be bootable.

I hope this short info helps you out a bit.  I don't know very much
about Linux..  I tried looking in a Debian book I have around about
Matsushita CD-ROM drives but I found nothing about it, so maybe you can
deal with it as a normal CD-ROM drive.. (I don't know about this, but I
think you can try..)

Good Luck

Ronald