Re: ISA network card

Nick Traxler wrote:
> Any ideas? I'm not sure if the interrupt can be arbitrary or if I
> have to find a way to read it off the card.

Could you please give the full output of ne2k-diag?

Usually the IRQ is reported, too. If this is not a PnP card, you need
to reserve the interrupt in your BIOS setup, section "PNP and PCI"
manually for ISA usage. But you need to know the right interrupt
before, not just a guess.

If ne2k-diag doesn't report the interrupt of your card, you've to
examine the card for jumper settings. Additionally, you might have a
MS-DOS based setup program from the vendor.

Please also grep the output from system startup with dmesg or from
/var/log/dmesg. Only assign io=0x340 when loading the ne module, don't
assign a interrupt. What does the kernel report concerning the
interrupt in dmesg?

--
rainer@ellinger.de