Re: in case you missed this from ponik

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:15:27 -0700
"ben" <benfoley@rcn.com> wrote:

> while his response to the situation was obviously ridiculous, if
> this statement above is true, it seems that there's some kinda bug
> in the list management. something similar happened in debian-kde
> just recently. in the interest of preventing anymore of the same
> in the future, anybody want to offer conjecture on how this could
> happen?

I don't know how it happened, but just yesterday I was subscribed to
a mailing list by someone else.  I certainly did not subscribe, and
somehow the list managing software for that list received the
subscription confirmation allegedly sent by me.  I received the
"Welcome to the list" message and some info on how to manage my
subscription.  I immediately used the information there to
unsubscribe from the list (it was one of the KDE lists).

I know it can happen, so perhaps this "ponik" individual was
truthful.

--
Andrew